Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hunger Games Memorial Feast Part 2

"MOM!" I screamed, kneeling beside my unconscious mother.
"What should I do?" Helena gasped.
"Go get Dad and tell him to come here," Helena nodded and raced out into the hall.
Mom's chest was slowly rising and falling "Finch, calm down! She's breathing" I thought to myself as I checked her pulse.
BANG!
The door flew open and in burst Dad.
"Katniss! Oh my gosh! Finch what happened!? We need to get her to a doctor. No forget doctor, we need a hospital..." Oh no. Dad was rambling as he always does...
Wait a minute what on earth was he doing! His faced suddenly hardened and he looked at me with pure hatred in his eyes.
"You evil mutt!" Dad slapped me across the face, and I was temporarily blinded with pain.
"You. You killed Prim. You killed my family! You evil stinking MUTT!"
As you know Dad was hijacked after the Quarter Quell. That means that the Capitol took all the good memories of Mom and replaced them with bad memories. He is pretty much over the hijacking now but every once in a while he will get what we call an 'episode'.
"Dad!" I gasped, "Dad listen to me! I am your daughter!" Dad's pupils were so enlarged they made his eyes look black.
"I have no daughter! I have no family thanks to you Katniss!" Wait, Katniss!? A lot of people say I look like my mom, but now Dad thinks I am Mom!
"No, Dad I am not Katniss. I am your daughter. You are married to Katniss!" I could know see a bit of blue surrounding those black orbs.
"I love Katniss. Real or not real?"
"Real. Katniss is your wife." Dad looked puzzled.
"You are my daughter. Real or not real."
"REAL!" I sobbed, Dad didn't even know I was his daughter!
"Katniss is a mutt. Real or not real?"
"Not real! She. Is. Your. Wife!" I pretty much screaming, when suddenly the door was flung open and Niall burst in.
"Finch! Whats going on!" He looked pale and shocked. Dad whirled around facing him.
"You! You are working for Snow! You killed them!" Niall's eyes widened in fear.
"NO! Dad its NOT REAL!" I shrieked grabbing his arm and making him face me.
"DAD LOOK AT ME! YOUR NAME IS PEETA! YOU ARE MARRIED TO KATNISS! YOU HAD ME AND CINNA! WE ARE NOT MUTTS! NIALL IS NOT WORKING FOR SNOW! SNOW IS DEAD! ITS NOT REAL!" My voice cracked "Dad come back!" I started into eyes of my father and watched as the pupils slowly returned to normal.
"Finch, what happened to your face?" Dad's soft voice had never sounded better.
"Oh Dad! You had a episode, you called me a mutt and then..." Dad turned pale and tear leaked out of his blue eyes.
"Oh Finch, I'm so so so sorry. Can you forgive me? No, of course you can't. I'm a monster, I'm the mutt."
"Dad! Don't ever say that again! Of course I can forgive you. It's not your fault. I love you Daddy." And at those last few words I was smothered in a hug. I could feel tears splashing down on my head. I have never seen Dad cry. Ever. This was more scary than the 'episode'
"Its okay! Honestly I'm fine." I said ignoring the stinging on my cheek. "We have to help Mom!"
"What happened! Katniss! Talk to me! Oh no! Go get a doctor! No forget doctor, we need an ambulance..." Mom stirred and her eyes fluttered open.
"Whats going on?" She said in a confused voice. Dad enveloped her in a hug. "Woah there mister! Give the pregnant lady some space!" Mom laughed, "but seriously what happened?"
"You fainted! I think you need to skip the feast tonight." I suggested softly.
"No! There is no way I'm skipping that feast! I'm the reason its being held!"
"Well, at least your modest about it." I said helping Mom up.
"Shut up, and help me get ready! Peeta and Niall out!" Mom laughed, giving them a good natured shove out the door.

Tune in later for the actual feast! 

4 comments:

  1. How scary! I'm glad Uncle Peeta finally snapped out of it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.... Im really glad your mom is ok! Tell her I almost cried when she fainted! Also I almost cried when THE EPISODE happened! Even when everythin was ok! It was so emotional and so sweet! :) sorry if i spelled emotional wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimeebob you are soooo sweet :D! Mom's doing fine now just resting and complaining to anyone that will listen that the baby is going to make her look fat :P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks and tell her I think she will look BEAUTIFUL even when she is pregnant!

    ReplyDelete